The Korimako room is our infant/non-mobile room for our youngest learners. We value the principals of Magda Gerber’s RIE theory, Bowlby’s attachment theory, and Primary care giving, and low child:teacher ratios.
The Korimako room has a maximum of 6 children per day, and 2 teachers. 1:3 ratio.
- We value loving, responsive and reciprocal relationships with our children.
- We value collaborative partnerships with children, families and teachers.
- We value care routines as intimate learning moments.
- We value a peaceful and challenging environment for learning.
- We value children’s free movement.